At Jeep Country, helping you to protect your account and personal identity information is extremely important to us. Below are several tips to help protect you from fraud and identity theft:
Regularly monitor your accounts for suspicious activity:
- Sign up for Jeep Country’s Home Banking to monitor your accounts 24/7.
- Download and use the Jeep Country FCU Mobile app to monitor your accounts 24/7 from your mobile phone or device.
- Download Jeep Country’s My Mobile Money app in your phone’s app store for realtime control of where and how your debit card can be used, as well as to be notified immediately of debit card transactions. You can temporarily suspend your card in case you misplaced it, then turn it back on when you find it.
- Set up free mobile alerts through Home Banking – you will receive timely notices of various account transactions and activity.
- If you discover unauthorized transactions or account activity on your Jeep Country accounts, please contact Jeep Country by call 419-865-200
- Verify that you have up-to-date contact information for all your consumer credit cards and online accounts for future reference.
Closely Monitor & Use Credit Reporting:
- Monitor your credit report on a regular basis to minimize the chance of identity theft. You can request and review a free credit report every 12 months through the three major consumer reporting agencies (TransUnion, Experian and Equifax) or at annualcreditreport.com.
- In reviewing your credit report, look for information that is inaccurate and that could indicate fraudulent accounts opened in your name, such as:
o Inquiries from companies that you have not contacted
o Accounts that you didn’t open
o Debts on your credit card or loan accounts that do not reflect your transactions
o Review your personal information as well (name, address, employer, Social Security Number, etc.)
- Sign up for fraud alerting and credit monitoring services offered by the three credit bureau reporting agencies.
How to safeguard your Personal Information:
- Consider paperless options for your bills and financial statements.
o Sign up for Jeep Country eStatements by logging into Home Banking; click the “eStatement” link under the accounts tab to register.
o Sign up for Jeep Country Visa Credit Card alerts at EZCardinfo.com.
- Be aware of phishing and smishing! These fraudulent practices of sending emails (phishing) and text messages (smishing), while posing to be from reputable companies, are intended to tempt individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers. These communications look very authentic; make it a practice to never provide this information via email or text if you have not initiated the action. Use Jeep Country’s mobile app instead of a web browser. Using a dedicated mobile banking app tends to be safer for members than using a mobile web browser to log in to their accounts. This is because apps use secure coding techniques that may limit a cyber criminal’s ability to intercept and control a mobile banking session. Only download our mobile banking application from trusted sources. • Never provide personal information to anyone over the phone unless you initiate the call and you know that the company is reputable. If you are unsure, ask them to send you a written request. Do not provide personal data, such as your SSN, your mother’s maiden name, a credit card number or expiration date. Please note: scammers frequently use Voice Over Internet Protocol technology, which does not identify the caller’s actual area code location.
- Store your Social Security card, birth certificate, passport and infrequently used credit cards in a safe place. Don’t carry these items with you to minimize exposure to your personal information.
- Do not leave financial statements or other documents containing your personal information in areas where others may have access to them. Frequently, identity theft is committed by relatives, employees or associates with access to your home or business.
- Be sure to shred discarded mail or documents including your personal information, as the trash is a typical place for identity thieves to seek information.
- To reduce the chance of mail theft, consider promptly retrieving your incoming mail and taking outgoing mail to your local post office or a U.S. postal mailbox. If you are going to be traveling, put a hold on your mail by calling the U.S. Postal Service at 800-275-8777 or going online to usps.gov.
- Maintain a list of your credit cards, loans, account numbers and expiration dates in a safe place so you can notify creditors in case of theft or loss.
Protect your Social Security Number (SSN) from being stolen:
- Only provide your SSN to agencies/businesses who require it for action you have initiated.
- Always ask how your SSN is going to be used and why a merchant needs it.
- Do not send your SSN over the internet unless you know for certain that the connection is secure (i.e. account opening, tax or government-related forms, etc.)
- Do not carry a SSN card in your purse or wallet.
- Do not use SSN on identification cards.
- Do not use your full or partial SSN as a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or password.
- Never store SSN on unprotected computer systems.
- Shred all no longer needed documents containing your SSN.
Jeep Country Fraud Protection Technology
Use Home Banking to monitor your accounts 24/7.
- Enroll in Home Banking.
- Set up free mobile alerts to monitor account activity.
- Sign up for Jeep Country eStatements; click the “eStatement” link under the accounts tab to register.
Jeep Country FCU Mobile app to monitor your accounts 24/7 from your mobile phone or device.
My Mobile Money App provides real-time control of where and how your debit card can be used, as well as be notified immediately of debit card transactions.
Jeep Country Credit Card Visa Alerts to monitor your credit card activity at EzCardinfo.com.